Tuesday, March 17, 2009

my thoughts on the "best 90's movies"

http://www.moviefone.com/insidemovies/2009/01/19/best-90s-movies/

this is the list.

these are my issues.





40. Speed. I can deal with that. Keanu Reeves break out role. A little too cheesy, but I'll still watch it if it comes on tv.

36. Swingers. I haven't seen this, basically what I'm trying to say is that I have to.

35. Philadelphia. Makes me cry like a baby every time. Tried to get my bitch sister to watch it with me once, but the soulless human that she is doesn't like it.

34. Clueless. OMG loves it. When I was young I couldn't wait to wear plaid skirts and knee highs in high school, but by that time the trend kindaaa faded.

32. Rushmore. Yup, another one I still haven't seen. Fuck me.

30. The Fugitive. IT was the guy without the leg! Or the arm! or the hand? something.

29. The Usual Suspects. I have a weiiird crush on Gabriel Byrne. I think that's why I like In Treatment so much.

28. Jerry Maguire. Best movie for cheesy over-the-top quotes.

26. Dazed and Confused. One movie that I introduced my sister to that she actually likes. Teenage classic! I watch this movie whenever I feel like I'm heading nowhere. It let's me know that other people don't have lives or responsibilities either, but then again, I'm not a teenager anymore.

22. Boyz in the Hood. Haven't seen it. Another one to add to the list.

21. Office Space. yay! Totally the inspiration for The Office. Totally loved it when it came out and I'd watch it on HBO before HBO left cable.

17. American Beauty. One of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I love Annette Bening/Kevin Spacey in it. Thora Birch annoys me a pinch though. But I was probably like that at her age too.

16. Trainspotting. Nice choice.

14. Terminator 2. BIG SHOUT OUT TO JOHN CONNOR. lols

13. The Sixth Sense. I love Toni Collette. I didn't think this movie was scary despite that the studio tried to market it as such. If anything, I cried for days.

11. Titanic. SO OVERRATED! If Nora ever reads this, she will kill me.

10. The Matrix. This movie is just so hot. Literally it's hot. I want to BE these people.

8. Groundhog Day. I FUCKING HATED THIS MOVIE WHEN I WAS A KID. I never finished it because I couldn't watch anymore than the first 30 minutes.

7. Shawshank Redemption. Once while playing hang man, I guessed this movie without any hints. What other movie title has two words that are both that long? Oh, sidenote, everyone loves Morgan Freeman.

6. LA Confidential. There have been a lot of movies made about crooked LA cops. Another reason why East Coast OWNS West Coast.

5. Silence of the Lambs. I get angry when I hear that people haven't seen this movie, I really do. The end scene with Jodie Foster in the dark will still make me nervous no matter how many times I'll see it.

1. Goodfellas. Not big on mafia movies, but I did like The Godfather so I probably should get around to seeing this classic piece too.

No comments: