Monday, March 16, 2009

nosferatu and other fair skinned friends.

Tonight was my first viewing of the vampire classic, Nosferatu. Throughout my childhood I thought it was pronounced Nos-ter-afu, sometimes I feel a little dyslexic. I feel like, for the most part, I can't really get into silent movies. Silent movies feel a little slow to me, not as suspenseful as "talkies". I liked the movie though, Nosferatu's looks gave me the chills. He's probably the eeriest vampire I've watched on screen. But then again, most other vampires I've watched are incredibly good looking (ie; Robert Pattinson<3, Brad Pitt, Bill Compton in True Blood, Stuart Townsend, and Aaliyah. I'm not including Tom Cruise cause I think he's ugly.)

And watching this movie made me realize that I have an unhealthy obsession with vampires. For some people, their paranormal obsessions are ghosts. I know Nora loves watching ghost stories on tv and shit like that. My thing is vampires. I don't know why. Maybe it's the whole dead yet undead thing. Or maybe cause all vampires (except Nosferatu) are portrayed as beautiful, charming, and wealthy intellectuals with a bad side.

If I could go to Transylvania, I so would. I watched Anthony Bourdain's episode when they went to Count Dracula's supposed castle. I don't think I blinked my eyes once during the entire episode.
Summary;
I love villians. Even more so, I love villians that are a package deal (smart, charming, undead, lanky, beautiful, etcccc).
Conclusion;
I wish I could find myself a nice vampire boy.



I'm going to go watch Mystic Pizza now. I used to love going to Mystic with my family. It's such a pretty little town. And I've been to the actual pizza place, BE jealous.

Good night all.

No comments: